Last Updated: Oct 22, 2019
Who are We?
Bananatag Systems Inc.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bananatag Systems Inc.
#505 – 460 Doyle Ave
Our Services are used by Bananatag clients (“Clients”), including users under Free and Trial plans, for the purposes of email measurement and analytics. Clients may use Bananatag as a means for collecting email data and monitoring the engagement of their email recipients (“Recipients”). Bananatag collects some email engagement data using a standard web technology known as a tracking pixel or web beacon.
Data processed by Bananatag on behalf of our Clients may include:
- Number of opens, link clicks and attachment downloads per email
- The date(s) and time(s) that the Recipient accessed the web beacon
- Information about the Recipient’s device
- Other log information provided by the Recipient’s browser (which may include Internet Protocol “IP” Address)
- Location data inferred from the IP address
Bananatag expects its Clients to abide by all relevant and applicable laws, rules and regulations. Nonetheless, Bananatag has no control over its Clients’ activities, the disclosures made by its Clients, or otherwise regarding Clients’ compliance with the foregoing requirements. Bananatag cannot be held responsible for, and hereby disclaims any liability for, any Client’s failure to make these disclosures to its Recipients and any failure by the Client to comply with applicable laws or covenants.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect a minimum amount of data required to deliver and improve service to our visitors and users.
We may collect information about you directly as well as automatically through your use of our Services. The collection of this data may be facilitated by our own in-house technologies or the use of third-party services that are specially designed for the collection and analysis of online visitor data.
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, employer, and phone number.
Our Services are not intended for or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or use our Services (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- browser type and version
- the referring URL that led you to our site
- the pages that you visit or features you use
- the time spent on those pages, links you click
- the time and date of your visit
- and other statistics
In addition to Usage Data collected on public-facing pages of our Site, we also collect data required to provide the services requested by Clients who have registered to access Bananatag’s password-restricted services. By creating a Bananatag account, users also accept Bananatag’s Term and Conditions.
In order to provide the agreed-upon services, the following data is collected through the Bananatag application and client extensions.
- Information about the device used to access our service
- Information about how our service was used (eg. the number of requests to our service) as well as events such as device events like crashes etc
- Other log information (which may include Internet Protocol Address or other information or identifiers that may uniquely identify your account or browser or device)
- Information about your location (eg. used to identify your time zone settings)
- Information about your Bananatag application version. When you install/uninstall or use one of our applications the service may send version information
- Email subject lines, Recipient email address and/or distribution list names entered in the To and CC fields
- Destination of Hyperlinks in order to uniquely track them
- Cookies or other anonymous identifiers may be sent to your devices and may be used when you interact with our site or service
The information collected is used to maintain and improve the service, for example, allowing you to save settings, or modifying or personalizing aspects of the service based on usage statistics.
Information about support issues may be shared anonymously as examples or to provide better support in the help center or FAQ.
We do not transmit or store any part of your email other than the hyperlinks, subject, and recipients. However, for Clients with access to the email designer who choose to use templates, Bananatag would store the body of the email, in addition to the above.
We may collect information about you from other sources, including from partners, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). We may collect information including but not limited to email address, social profile links, employer and title.
Bananatag endeavors to limit the collection of personally identifiable information to information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our stated collection purposes.
How We Use Personal Data
How We Share Personal Data
Your personal information, including information about Recipients, will not be shared with 3rd parties, individuals or organizations outside of Bananatag Systems Inc unless we have your consent, or if either of the following apply;
If your Bananatag Account is managed by a company or group administrator then the administrator or their agents may have access to your account information as well as all information and stats contained within your account. They may also have the ability to change information, settings and restrict or suspend access to, or terminate your account.
Personal information will be shared outside of Bananatag Systems Inc. if we have a good-faith believe that the information is reasonably necessary to;
- meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigating potential violations detect, prevent, or address fraud, or security issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bananatag Systems Inc, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Anonymous information (for example, service usage statistics or general trends) may be shared outside of Bananatag Systems.
Access Your Personal Data
We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their personal information. You may access, update, correct or have removed from our systems and records the Personal Information you provided to us by emailing a request to email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information.
Additional Limits on Use of Your Google User Data
The App will only use access to read, write, modify, or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App’s internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.